A healthy intestinal flora is not only essential for the health of the digestive system, but is also completely related to skin health.
There are situations by which our flora can be altered. For example, infections, antibiotics or unhealthy habits. A balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle will help us to keep our intestine in good condition and we will feel much better.
Skin health starts in the intestinal flora
To restore good intestinal health, it is essential to consume foods containing probiotics and prebiotics.
- Probiotics: products rich in live microorganisms and lactic acid, and are found mainly in yoghurts, especially those enriched with bifidus, which also provide high quality proteins, minerals, vitamins and minerals.
- Prebiotics: a type of fiber that serves as food for the probiotic. Their main function is to stimulate the growth of bacteria, as well as increasing their activity.
The intestinal flora is composed of about 100 billion bacteria, mainly lactobacilli and bifidobacteria. Some of the most important strains are:
- Bifidobacterium lactis: it is found in large quantities in the intestine of breastfed infants, and for this reason its role in the defenses of the digestive system is being studied.
- Bifidobacterium longum: it is one of the most studied strains of all those found in the human intestine.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus: a lactic ferment found in cheese.
- Lactobacillus plantarum: found in lactic ferments, as well as in the gastrointestinal mucosa.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus: this strain is in the mouth, small intestine and in some fermented milks.
- Lactobacillus paracasei: it is present in the elaboration of cheeses.
- Bacillus coagulans: yogurts and fermented milk are the foods that contain it.
Boost your skin health
RAINFOREST is a gentle cleanser and light mask that, in addition to removing dirt, restores the skin's balance and regulates oil production. Discover how to use it according to your skin type.