Dry skin is characterized by a thin thickness, a matte appearance and a rough touch with a predisposition to flaking. If you want to achieve nourished and silky skin, I recommend a self-care ritual based on natural cosmetics and beneficial foods.
How to care for dry skin: tips, foods and natural cosmetics
One of the biggest concerns of people with dry skin is the loss of elasticity and the tendency to wrinkles. This is why choosing a moisturizer that deeply nourishes is so important.
MOONLIGHT has a deliciously creamy texture and thanks to the exquisite combination of argan and calendula oils with shea and cocoa butters, it will give your skin a silky and comfortable effect. Moonlight is specially formulated to deeply nourish the skin, bring radiance and reduce inflammation.
The importance of a gentle cleanser
Dry skin does not have a good tolerance to soaps and that is why you should go for very gentle cleansers that do not strip the skin of its natural oils. In general, they produce less sebum and that makes them more unprotected.
RAINFOREST is a very kind and gentle cleanser for the skin. It is formulated with almond oil, shea butter and honey so that once you have washed your face with lukewarm water, your skin does not feel tight and stiff.
Foods and natural remedies for dry skin
- Include in your dishes foods rich in healthy fats such as nuts, oily fish and cold-pressed oils.
- Drink a liter of water a day to help keep your skin from drying out.
- Avoid cold and sudden changes in temperature (such as heating).
The best ingredients for dry skin
The most superficial layer of the skin is the one that ensures the protective barrier. It therefore needs an adequate amount of water and fatty elements to prevent dryness and even flaking.
- Cocoa butter: composed of mono-triglycerides, fatty acids and crude enzymes, it helps cell repair and rejuvenation, slowing down the visible aging process and promoting deep nourishment. In addition, it has an exceptional antioxidant content that protects the skin's collagen and elastin.
- Shea butter: provides deep, effective and long-lasting nourishment. Its high content of healthy, anti-inflammatory fats is quickly absorbed, locking in the moisture needed to ensure skin stays hydrated throughout the day. Phenolic compounds offer a healing and soothing remedy for many inflammatory conditions. It is said to increase collagen production, restoring elasticity and firmness to the skin. In addition, it contains vitamins A and E that promote cell renewal and delay the signs of premature aging.
- Almond oil: an excellent emollient that helps keep the skin in proper balance and prevents water loss. It stands out for its cleansing benefits, attracting dirt and excess oil to free the pore and achieve smooth skin. It is rich in oleic acids and vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E.